Class ten civics NCERT and additional questions
Class Ten Civics
Unit 3: Democratic Politics – II (50 Periods)
Chapter 1: Power Sharing (NCERT Solutions)
- Case Studies of Belgium and Sri Lanka
- Why power sharing is desirable?
- Forms of Power Sharing
Chapter 2: Federalism(NCERT Solutions)
- What is Federalism?
- What makes India a Federal Country?
- How is Federalism practised?
- Decentralization in India
Chapter 3: Democracy and Diversity:
- Case Studies of Mexico
- Differences, similarities and divisions
- Politics of social divisions
Note: The chapter ‘Democracy and Diversity’ to be assessed in the Periodic Tests only and will not be evaluated in the Board Examination.
Chapter 4: Gender, Religion and Caste:
- Gender and Politics
- Religion, Communalism and Politics
- Caste and Politics
Chapter 5: Popular Struggles and Movements:
- Popular Struggles in Nepal and Bolivia
- Mobilization and Organization
- Pressure Groups and Movements
Note: The chapter ‘Popular Struggles and Movements’ to be assessed in the Periodic Tests only and will not be evaluated in the Board Examination.
- Why do we need Political Parties?
- How many Parties should we have?
- National Political Parties
- State Parties
- Challenges to Political Parties
- How can Parties be reformed?
Chapter 7: Outcomes of Democracy:
- How do we assess democracy’s outcomes?
- Accountable, responsive and legitimate government
- Economic growth and development
- Reduction of inequality and poverty
- Accommodation of social diversity
- Dignity and freedom of the citizens
Chapter 8: Challenges to Democracy:
- Thinking about challenges
- Thinking about Political Reforms
- Redefining democracy
Note: The chapter ‘Challenges to Democracy’ to be assessed in the Periodic Tests only and will not be evaluated in Board Examination.