Class seven Fibre to fabrics Science NCERT Solutions
Chapter 3: Fibre to fabrics NCERT Solutions
8. Match the words of Column I with those given in Column II.
|Column I||Column II|
|1. Scouring||(e) Cleaning sheared skin|
|2. Mulberry Leaves||(c) Food of silkworm|
|3. Yak||(b) Wool yielding animal|
|4. Cocoon||(a) Yields silk fibre|
9. Given below is a crossword puzzle based on this lesson. Use hints to fill in the blank spaces with letters that complete the words.
|Down (D)||Across (A)|
|1: Thorough washing:||1: Keeps warm|
|2: Animal fibre||2: Its leaves are eaten by silkworms|
|3: Long thread-like structure||3: Hatches from the egg of a moth|
A. Fill in the blanks:
1. ———-is obtained from the
of sheep or yak.
2. ———-is the largest producer of silk.
3. Weaver weaves silk threads into———–.
4. ________ should not be collected from bare hands.
5. The———— on the body of camels is
also used as wool.
1. Wool, fleece
3. Silk cloths
B. State True or False:
1. Silk is a natural fibre.
2. Yak does not yield wool.
3. Lohi is an Indian breed of sheep.
4. The process of shearing hurts the sheep.
5. The pile of cocoons is used for obtaining