Class 8 Science light
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
1. When white light passes through a prism it is
(c) deviated and dispersed
- The phenomenon by which light falling on a surface is sent back into the same medium is known as
- When light is incident on a polished surface __________ reflection takes place.
- The coloured part of the eye is the
- The amount of light entering the eye is controlled by the
- The least distance of distinct vision for a young adult with normal vision is about
(b) 25 cm.
- Light with the lowest frequency (longest wavelength) detected by your eyes is perceived as
- Which of the following is not a part of the human eye?
(c) Auditory nerve.
- The size of the pupil of the eye is adjusted by
(c) ciliary muscles.
- Which of the following is used to make a periscope?
(b) Plane mirror.
- The image formed by a plane mirror is
(b) virtual, behind the mirror and of the same size as the object.
- The defect of vision in which the eye lens of a person gets progressively cloudy resulting in blurred vision is called:
- The deficiency of one of the following in the diet of a person for a considerable time can lead to a disease called night blindness. This one is
(b) vitamin A.
- Which can be corrected by using a concave lens of suitable focal length?
Fill in the blanks:
- The blind spot is located where the optic nerve leaves the eye.
- The size of pupil becomes large when you see in dim light.
- The angle of incidence equals the angle of reflection.
- The muscles alter (adjust) the of the eye lens.
- The spectrum of white light has seven colours.
- In old people, the eye lens may become cloudy due to cataract.
- Droplets of water split sunlight to form a spectrum known as the rainbow.
- The optic nerve carries the impression on the retina to the brain.
State whether ‘True’ (T) or ‘False’ (F):
- A moon is a luminous object. False
- The pupil is black because it absorbs all light that falls on it. False
- There are no light-sensitive cells in the blind spot in the eye. True
- The Braille system consists of writing raised. True
- Rubbing the eye is the best way of removing a dust particle from the eye. False
- In Kaleidoscope, a beautiful pattern is created. True
- Eyes alone cannot see the object. True