Class 7 Weather, Climate and Adaptations
Weather, Climate and Adaptations
Multiple Choice Questions
- Humidity is the measure of
- Which of the following does not live in the polar region?
(b) Polar bear
- The most outstanding feature of a lion-tailed macaque is
(a) silver-white mane
(b) sticky pads on feet
(c) long and large beak
(d) ability to change colour
- The tropical climate is the one which is:
(a) neither very hot nor very cold
(b) very hot and humid
(c) very hot and dry
(d) very cold and dry
- The animal having sticky pads on its feet which help it to climb easily on
(b) red-eyed frog
(c) Siberian crane
- One of the most common migratory bird which comes to India from Siberia is:
1. (c) moisture
2. (c) Camel
3. (a) silver-white mane
4. (b) very hot and humid
5. (b) red-eyed frog
Fill in the blanks with suitable words.
- The average weather taken over a very long time is called ————-of the place.
- The state of the atmosphere at a given place and time is called——————.
- A place receives little rainfall and the temperature is high throughout the year, the climate of that place will be ————-and—————.
- The days are——––—— in winter than in summer.
Very Short Answer Type Questions.
- Which instrument is used to measure the rainfall?
Ans. Rainfall is measured using a rain gauge.
- What is the primary source of energy which causes changes in the weather?
Ans- The primary source of energy which causes changes in the weather is solar energy.
- Name the climatic region where animals have fur and a layer of fat below the skin.
Ans – Polar regions where animals have fur and a layer of fat below the skin.
- What is the most outstanding feature of a lion-tailed macaque?
Ans. The hair of the lion–tailed macaque is black. Its outstanding characteristic is the silver-white mane which surrounds the head from the cheeks down to its chin, which gives this monkey its German name Tartuffe – “beard ape”. The hairless face is black in colour.