Class 7 science extra questions ans Nutrition in plants
Chapter 1: Nutrition in plants
A. Fill in the blanks:
1. Leaves are called the ________ of plants.
2. Cuscuta is an example of ___________.
3. ___________ are chlorophyll containing partner.
4. Most of the pulses are _____________ plants.
5. In ___________ mode of nutrition, the living being consumes other plants or animals.
1. food factory
2. parasitic plant
B. State true or false:
1. The synthesis of food in plants occurs in roots.
2. Stomata help leaves to capture the energy of sunlight.
3. Mushroom is an edible fungus.
4. Chlorophyll is a yellow colour pigment.
5. Farmers use fertilizers to replenish the soil.
1. False 2. False 3. True 4. False 5. True
A. Very Short Answer Type Questions
1. What are the two modes of nutrition?
Answers: Two modes of nutrition are:
1. Autotrophic Nutrition
2. Heterotrophic Nutrition
2. What is Rhizobium and where are they found in plants?
Answer: Rhizobium is a bacterium present in the roots of some plants.
3. How are heterotrophs classified, name them?
Answers: Heterotrophs are classified as:
4. Write the name of some components of food.
Answer: Proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals etc. are some components of food.
5. Name a plant which cannot produce its own food due to absence of chlorophyll in it.
Answer: Venus flytrap.
6. Name the organism that grows in moist rotten bread.
7. Name the raw materials that are used during photosynthesis.
Answer: Sunlight, carbon dioxide, water and chlorophyll.
8. What are the end products of photosynthesis?
Answer: Carbohydrate, water and oxygen are the end products of photosynthesis.
9. Define nutrition.
Answer: The way a living being consumes food and its use by the body is referred to as nutrition.
10. Give an example of autotrophs and heterotrophs. Answer: All green plants are autotrophs while all animals are heterotrophs.