Chapter 9 Reproduction in Animal <br>Class 8 Science Question- answers
Reproduction in Animal
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
1.Which of the following shows budding?
- Testes produce the hormone.
(d) both estrogen & testosterone
- Which of the following is not produced in the ovary?
- Which of the following shows budding?
- What is formed after fertilisation?
(a) A sperm
(b) A zygote`
(c) An ovum
(d) A gamete
- Where does fertilisation take place in humans?
(b) Fallopian Tube
- The process of release of an egg from the ovary is called.
- Every organism produces another identical organism. This event is known as.
(b) alteration of generation
- Which of the following is a viviparous animal:
(d) All of these
- Which of the following is not a part of the reproductive system of the human female?
(d) Vas deferens
- Internal fertilisation occurs in:
(d) all of these
- Which is the most common method of reproduction in majority of fungi and
(a) Binary fission
(b) Multiple Fission
(d) Spore Formation
- The main reproductive organ of a human male is. :
(a) a pair of testes
(c) vas deferens
14.The first phase of the sexual cycle in the human female is called.
(d) follicle phase
Fill in the blanks:
- The gamete produced by male and female is – sperms=—and– eggs or ova —- respectively.
- In most aquatic animal,———– fertilisation takes place—–outside the body of the organism.
- The female sex hormones are oestrogen and—- PROGESTERONE——.
- Non-Identical twins are also called ——— Fraternal——-twins.
- The modes of reproduction are–external—- and—internal—-.
- Bulges emerging from the body of Hydra are known as __Buds___.
- Type of asexual reproduction in which an animal reproduces by dividing into two individual is called ___Binary fission____.
- ____Asexual_____ reproduction does not involve fusion of male and female gamete.
- Asexual reproduction lacks___Genetic____ variation.
- Microscopic animal like Amoeba reproduces ___Asexually_____.