Class 8 Metals Non-Metals
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Whose reactivity is highest amongst the following metals?
- The property of metals used in making temple bells :
- Metallic oxides are :
(a) Basic in nature
(b) Acidic in nature
(d) Can be acidic or basic
- The metal stored in kerosene due to its high reactivity with air and water is :
- Which of the following is the best conductor of electricity?
- A non-metal that has a lustre is :
- Rust is formed when iron combines with water and
- The metal which is liquid at room temperature is :
- The shiny paper used to decorate sweets is made up of :
- Which metal reacts with dilute HCl to liberate Hydrogen gas?
- Fill in the blanks :
- —-Hydrogen——-gas is produced when metals react with water.
- Metals are conductors of heat and———-electricity—–.
- Iron is more than copper.
- If a material produces a ringing sound when hit, it is said to be— Sonority —-.
- Non-metals are generally——-bad—–conductors of heat and electricity.
- The property of metals by virtue of which they can be drawn into thin
wires are called——– Ductility ———-.
State whether ‘True’ (T) or ‘False’ (F):
- Diamond is an example of a metal. F
- All non-metals possess lustre. F
- Sodium and potassium are metals that can be drawn into wires F
- Mercury exists as solid at room temperature F.