Chapter 10 Class 8 Science <br>Question- answers
Reaching the Age of Adolescence
One Word answer Type
- The period of life when the body undergoes changes leading to reproductive maturity is called:
- The voice box is also known as:
- Which of the following glands secrete oil:
(c) Sebaceous gland
- The first menstrual flow at puberty in females is termed as:
- Acne and pimples on the face are due to secretion of:
(b) oil glands during puberty
- Which of the following is the male hormone that is secreted by the testes at the onset of puberty?
- The female hormone secreted by the ovaries at the onset of puberty is:
- Adam’s apple is prominent in:
(d) Adolescent boys
- When a sperm containing Y chromosome fertilises an egg with X chromosome, the zygote develops into a child.
- Hormones are secreted by:
(d) Endocrine glands
- The maximum increase in height takes place during:
Fill in the blanks:
1. Babies develop inside the uterus of the mother.
- The thyroid gland is present at the base of the throat in the neck.
- The female is in the reproductive phase between menarche and menopause.
- Initially, girls grow taller than boys.
- Parents should talk openly to their adolescence child.
- X and Y chromosomes are called sex chromosomes.
- Endocrine glands are also called ductless glands.
- Sperms are produced by testes.
State whether ‘True’ (T) or ‘False’ (F):
1. Fertilisation is necessary for asexual reproduction also. False
- The pituitary gland controls the activities of other endocrine glands. True
- The sex of a child is determined by both mother and father. False
- It is the sperm which determines the sex of a child. True
- Drugs are addictive and should be avoided. True
- The oestrogen hormone develops a deeper voice in males at puberty. False
Match the following:
- XX (a) Hormones
- Pancreas (b) Adolescence age
- Endocrine gland (c) Female
- High-pitched voice (d) Girls
- Puberty (e) Insulin